Hi, we had a scenario where one of our customers is using On-premises version of Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O and we had to connect one of our PowerApps app with F&O.
Customer wanted to perform all of the Purchase Requisition Operations (read, write, update, delete) from PowerApps App into On-premises Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O without using the Power Platform Data Gateway.
Some of the Dynamics 365 F&O entities that we used in this integration are mentioned below:
- PurchaseRequisitionHeaderV2Entity (GET, PUT, POST, PATCH)
- PurchaseRequisitionLineEntity (GET, PUT, POST, PATCH)
- HcmWorkerEntity (GET)
- VendVendorV2Entity (GET)
- EcoResReleasedProductV2Entity (GET)
- OfficeAddinLegalEntityEntity (GET)
- CurrencyEntity (GET)
- EcoResProductCategoryAssignmentEntity (GET)
- EcoResEveryProductEntity (GET)
So we started looking into this and proposed the high-level architecture on how we can integrate Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O with PowerApps Canvas app and Power Automate.
- We created a web service and host to the public cloud to Push and Pull data from on-premises Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O.
- We then created a Custom Connector for the hosted web service in Power platform.
- Used the created custom connector in PowerApps and Power Automate.