Today, we will walk through developing the functionality of Purchase Requisition functionality in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Agenda for today’s blog:
- Key features developed
- Technical implementation
Purchase Requisition functionality is not available out of box in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. Using KAISPE Purchase Requisition solution, employees in an organization can easily raise the requisitions from within Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. They can select the expected date to receive that items/service and can submit the requisition to the supervisor / manager / reviewer for approval.
- Employees can raise multiple requisition lines for a single purchase requisition header
- Purchase requisition can be easily converted into a purchase order
- Purchasing team can easily track the originating purchase requisition
- Using Approval Workflow, employees can easily send the requisitions for review
- Reviewers get email notifications for requisition approval
With the AL language extension for Visual Studio Code, you get the benefits of a modern development environment and seamless publishing and integration with Business Central. All app functionality in Business Central is coded in objects.
Some of the solution specifics are:
- Defined Tables for the table schema that holds data.
- Defined Page objects to represent the user interface using table data.
- Custom Codeunits creation which contain code for different logical operations/calculations.
Purchase Requisition Header List:
After developing an extension and compiled, created a solution .app package file which deployed to the Business Central server.
By leveraging its functionality and intuitive interface, organizations can boost their business productivity and streamline employee self-service processes. The solution will be available on Microsoft AppSource soon.
Hope this blog finds you informative. Let me know if you have any query regarding this solution, please feel free to contact KAISPE LLC